This weeks news:
- Easter Workshops
- G12 Studios Workshops
- Beam Me Up Jimmy at Wicked Caberet
- Disruptions at the Lansdowne Church
- New Classes & Upcoming Workshops
- New Photo Galleries
Saturday 19th April - Acrobatics Play Day! Drop in to the Briggait, 2-5pm. Try your hand at Chinese Pole, Trampoline, Straps, Acrobatics, Acrobalance and Teeterboard! Cash only, £5 per hour.
Sunday 20th April - Easter Fly Taster Day! 2-4pm, Book through the website to guarantee a place.
Monday 21st April - Briggait Tidy Party! Help us clean up and reset equipment, with a little 'testing' to make sure everything is still working as we tidy!
Easter Intensive Cancelled - but see above!
Beam Me Up Jimmy!
Our performers took part in an intergalactic cabaret - boldly going where no cabaret has gone before!
- 'Beam Me Up Jimmy' is part of Wild Cabaret's Kitch Cabaret on Thursday's, Chelsea and Jamie-Lee showed Glasgow what great aerial acts can look like
- 'The Big Show' runs on Friday 18th and Saturday 19th April, show starts at 8.30pm come and see for yourself
Find out more here: Wild Caberet, 18 Candleriggs, G1 1LD
G12 Studios Workshop
Aerial Edge had 3 days with 30 of G12's performers working on developing their circus skills.
Disruptions at the Lansdowne Church
Ongoing building works at the Lansdowne Church mean that currently there are no toilets - not even as changing rooms. Please keep this in mind when travelling to/ preparing for class. We are negotiating with neighbouring cafes and restaurants and will keep you updated!
- Upadate - we can use the Enjoy Restaurant toilets!
Open Training Cancelled This Sunday!
There will be no Open Training Sunday 13th April, however the class will run as usual from the following Sunday, 20th April.
Due to slow response to the proposed June 21/22 workshops on Rigging with High Performance Rigging, we are now looking into alternative dates in October. Please click on the link below to take part in the poll to show availability for the possible dates.
Our Weekly Classes & Workshop Schedules:
We have new classes, 2 of which we will alternate each week, plus a new hoop class:
- Intermediate Doubles Trapeze (alternate weeks from April)
- Mark’s Big Ass Trapeze Tricks (alternate weeks from April)
- Beginners Hoop on Tuesdays
- Open Training runs 10am-12pm on Sundays at the Briggait
Intermediate Doubles started 6th April and runs on alternate Sundays with Mark's Big Ass Trapeze Tricks which is for anyone wanting to learn much bigger trapeze tricks on or off lines.
Beginners Hoop will be with Kate McWilliam on a Tuesday from April 1st
Book these Aerial Classes here
Open Training is for intermediate students and above and will run Sunday's from 10am to 12pm and will be included with the rest of our Open Training sessions.
Check out the new schedule at the end of this email!
Doubles Trapeze Workshop
Our next doubles trapeze weekend workshop is on May 3rd so if you want to get 2 people on one bar then this is for you. we'll be running two of these a month as well as running an intermediate class on Sundays. Book your workshop here!
Our next hoop weekend workshop is on May 11th. We also have a weekly class on Tuesdays Too! Book your hoop workshop here!
The next available flying trapeze workshop is on April 26th, only 1 place left, we are working out how we can run more of these and should have some news shortly. Book here
New Web Galleries
This week we've been adding new galleries, with photos and videos for each art, you can check them out here:
Our New Schedule from April 1st
Circus in Brazil
Mark recently spent some time in Brazil training with Circocan and living on the beach. This is his first article on the trip now his tan is starting to fade!
Getting to know ... Freya!
This month is Freya's last month with Aerial Edge as she is moving south away from the big city. A huge thanks to Freya and all she has done to make our youth classes a success and the positive impact she has had on everyone who took part in her classes. This month's "Getting to know.." article is all about Freya! Read more
New Open Training Sessions
We are pleased to offer our intermediate students and visiting artists new open training sessions! We have 3 daytime sessions, evening sessions and a Sunday morning session. Read more about this on the website
Weekend Workshops for April & May
Upcoming weekend workshops run-down
- Saturday 12th April: 2pm to 5pm - Beginners Flying Trapeze
- Friday 18th - Monday 21st April: Kate’s Easter Workshop - Hoop, Chinese Pole, handstands, floor acrobatics, flexibility (3 hours each day) £150
- Saturday 26th April: 1pm to 4pm - Beginners Flying Trapeze
- Saturday 27th April: 10pm to 1pm - Performance Workshop - Kate
- Sunday 18th May: 10pm to 1pm - Teeterboard
- Sunday 11th May: 10am to 1pm - Hoop - Kate
- Saturday 3rd Mayl: 2pm to 5pm - Doubles Trapeze - Mark G
This year's Edinburgh Aerial and Acrobatics Convention will be held on the 5th-7th of September. This is the 8th EAAC and it's sure to be a good one so get the dates in your diary!
Possible Class Disruption
Please note that there may be disruption to some of our classes held at the Landowne during March & April. This is due to building works needing to be undertaken at the church in which case classes will be moved to the Briggait. We will inform students of any changes via the Facebook page and emailing booked in students.
Harder, Better, Stronger - Faster!
Do you want to fast track your aerial training?
Then why not supplement your regular aerial class(es) with some of our classes designed to help you with all the circus fundamentals! We have weekly classes in:
- Conditioning - This class is specifically designed to help you strengthen and balance your body for aerial. The hour long class includes floor based and trapeze work and is just £5!
- Flexibility - Keeping a balance between strength and flexibility is tough and, in aerial, having good lines makes all the difference! Stay supple or improve your flexibility with this class from only £10 a 90 minute class when you buy a Flexibility pack.
- Handstands - A good handstand can open doors! Improve your stability, balance and body awareness. There's many variations, but a handstand is no trick - it's the key to total body control. Join our handstand class from only £7 with our Handstand pack.
- Acrobatics - Working on handstands, rolls, cartwheels... get all the basics in this all round 90 miniute class while improving your body awareness, coordination, strength and flexibility! From just £8 per class when you buy an Acrobatics pack.