This weeks news:
- Swinging Trapeze
- 31 Days of Handstands
- EAAC Update
- Summer School for Kids 4th-8th August
- Blog articles!
Tuesday 19th & 26th August, 7pm at the Briggait
Come and have a sneak preview of our new class with Seamus Clancy over the next two Tuesdays!Book here!
31 DAYS OF HANDSTANDS
End of week one! More details of our 31 Days of Handstands challenge can be found in this blog post!
The e-mail course has been (and is being) generously written by our guest artist Stav Meishar. You can get to know Stav here.
We also have a guest blog from Vendetta Vain on why handstands are so important for aerialists and aerial circus. You can read more on 'Why I do Handstands' here.
EAAC 5TH-7TH SEPTEMBER
Full details of this year's Edinburgh Aerial and Acrobatic Convention can be found in this article!
Timetables will be online soon, but for a sneak preview check out the newsletter.
SUMMER SCHOOL FOR KIDS
This week we had our long awaited Summer School, a series of five afternoon workshops each covering at least two disciplines, including things new to Aerial Edge - such as Juggling with visiting instructor Stav Meishar.
We also had the kids trying Flying Trapeze and Trampolining for the first time and managed a little bit of Stilts, Tightwire, Acrobalance and Doubles Trapeze amongst others!
CATHERINE & THE KYLIE MUSICAL
WHAT'S THE POINT? A GUIDE TO BUIDING A BETTER FOOT
A guest blog by Vendetta Vain on the importance of that often heard advice...
"Point your toes!" is probably one of the most frequently overheard instructions in a circus class, whatever the discipline, and whatever the level! Certainly when you are starting out, and often as you learn new more complicated moves and transitions, pointing your feet is the last thing on your mind, but it is one of the biggest things you can do to improve the look of what you are doing, plus it will actually make some moves easier!Read More!
Performers from Aerial Edge can now be seen at Wild Cabaret (on the left) on Thursday to Saturday nights and at Swing (on the right) on Friday and Saturday nights where they will regularly feature in the weekend performances.
July - August Class & Workshop TImetables
Right click the image and then "save as.."
New Web Galleries
This week we've been adding new galleries, with photos and videos for each art, you can check them out here:
Circus in Brazil
Mark recently spent some time in Brazil training with Circocan and living on the beach. This is his first article on the trip now his tan is starting to fade!
New Open Training Sessions
We are pleased to offer our intermediate students and visiting artists new open training sessions! We have 3 daytime sessions, evening sessions and a Sunday morning session. Read more about this on the website
This year's Edinburgh Aerial and Acrobatics Convention will be held on the 5th-7th of September. This is the 8th EAAC and it's sure to be a good one so get the dates in your diary!
Harder, Better, Stronger - Faster!
Do you want to fast track your aerial training?
Then why not supplement your regular aerial class(es) with some of our classes designed to help you with all the circus fundamentals! We have weekly classes in:
- Conditioning - This class is specifically designed to help you strengthen and balance your body for aerial. The hour long class includes floor based and trapeze work and is just £5!
- Flexibility - Keeping a balance between strength and flexibility is tough and, in aerial, having good lines makes all the difference! Stay supple or improve your flexibility with this class from only £10 a 90 minute class when you buy a Flexibility pack.
- Handstands - A good handstand can open doors! Improve your stability, balance and body awareness. There's many variations, but a handstand is no trick - it's the key to total body control. Join our handstand class from only £7 with our Handstand pack.
- Acrobatics - Working on handstands, rolls, cartwheels... get all the basics in this all round 90 miniute class while improving your body awareness, coordination, strength and flexibility! From just £8 per class when you buy an Acrobatics pack.